Policies for wedding and other celebrations
- Use of the church building(s) for celebrations and weddings are at no charge to members; nonmembers will be charged the current cost for building use. Wesley UMC is not responsible for auxiliary services for non-members (musician, pastor, choir, custodian, etc.)
- In planning for the date and time of celebratory services, please consult with the pastor for availability, in reference to the building prior commitments by the church will be honored.
- The cost of printing celebration and/or graduation programs will be the responsibility of the family (members and nonmembers).
- Nonmembers are welcome to contract with the church for celebration or wedding services; however, fees do not include pastoral services, auxiliary services (set-up, breakdown or clean-up) and/or janitorial services.
Funeral and Bereavement
The Senior Pastor, Church Leaders and the members of Wesley United Methodist Church shall be sympathetic and sensitive to the needs of families in bereavement. Condolences shall be extended to each family with our sincere regard. We recommend services planned in a manner that will console and preserve the dignity of the family. Upon the death of a family member, please contact the church office and/or Pastor. The pastor will assist the family in planning for the funeral services, and preparation of the order of worship.
- Use of the sanctuary and other church properties for funeral services, wakes, and repasts are at no charge to members; nonmembers will be charged the current cost for building(s) use (see building(s) use policy).
- In planning for the date and time of services, please consult with the Pastor for availability, in reference to the building(s) prior commitments by the church will be honored.
- The church provides a musician for funerals for members; however, when the member’s family requests a different musician(s) the family is responsible for the musician(s) fees.
- The cost of printing funeral service programs will be the responsibility of the family (members and nonmembers).
- The church will provide to the family a meal based upon availability of staff or a contribution toward expenses, flowers or designated charity not to exceed $150.00. The number of people (50 or less) and beyond 50 people the family will be asked to pay for the additional expenses. The meal is established by the Wesley Hospitality Committee.
- Nonmembers are welcome to contract with the church for funeral services and wakes; however, the fees do not include pastoral services or musician(s).
- All services must be planned with the approval of the Pastor.