Greetings in the Joy of Jesus!
I am pleased to let you know that Wesley United Methodist Church will be resuming in-person worship on Sunday July 18, 2021. Over the past 16 months, we have adapted to the difficult circumstances created by COVID-19 and have found new and creative ways to carry out our church’s ministry yet there is no substitute for seeing each other in- person and worshiping together in God’s house. It is an exciting time in the life of the church, and we are eager to welcome you back! Although the pandemic is under better control than at any time since March 2020, we are mindful that we must all do our part to make our church community a safe and healthy place to worship.
All worship participants who are eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccine are encouraged to do so before returning to worship. However, a COVID-19 vaccine is not required to participate in in-person worship services. For safety’s sake, we ask that you please refrain from in-person worship if you are not feeling well.
The Wesley re-entry team has put the following protective measures in place as we transition to in-person worship:
* Church services and Sunday School will continue to be available virtually.
* In-person worship attendance will be limited to 50 persons
* Worship seats will be available by online reservation at EventBrite or by calling the church office, on a first come, first-served basis beginning July 4th.
* If persons are turned away due to crowding, they will be given highest priority for seating at the following week’s worship service.
* The sanctuary will open at 8:15 am on Sunday mornings. Worshippers are encouraged to arrive early (before service begins at 9am) to ensure that everyone can be seated with minimal crowding. The church doors will be closed to late arrivals at 9:15am.
* The heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system is being cleaned and inspected.
* Touch-free hand sanitizing stations will be available in the sanctuary. * We are installing new paper towel and toilet paper dispensers to reduce the spread of germs in restrooms.
* Lysol disinfecting spray will be available in restrooms.
* Singing is limited to small ensembles and vocalists fully vaccinated against COVID-19. They will wear facemasks and practice social distancing.
* There will be no congregational singing, hugging, or handshakes in the sanctuary, including during the time of passing the peace.
* Appropriate seating areas will be marked within the sanctuary as we practice social distancing.
* Mask wearing is required.
* The pastor is fully vaccinated. She will remove her mask and stand behind a plexiglass shield when preaching.
* An offering plate will be available at the back of the sanctuary for those who wish to give their tithes and offering at the church. Online giving remains available.
*Children’s Church will continue to convene virtually.
*Once worship ends, worshipers will exist the building beginning from the back to the front of the sanctuary. Ushers and greeters will provide direction.
* After worship concludes, Sunday School will occur in the sanctuary. Persons are free to remain at the church for socially distanced, in-person Sunday School (15 minutes after service concludes) or return home and participate in Sunday School on our Zoom channel. We will have a light snack after Sunday School for those who wish to remain and fellowship outdoors
God has led us through this difficult time of pandemic, and we rejoice in our return to in-person worship. Please remember that we must all follow the rules and do our part to keep each other safe. It is also important to remember that COVID-19 is still a risk in our community. If you have a condition that places you at higher risk of health problems and complications due to COVID-19, you are encouraged to continue worshipping with us online. Wesley United Methodist Church is not responsible for anyone who gets sick from COVID-19 or any other illness as a result of in-person worship.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Wesley!
Grace and peace,
Rev. Tiffany Knowlin Boykin, Pastor